You know the saying, "the customer is always right"! In that case account managers are essential for any company involved in selling products or services, as they are the link between the customer and the company. Account managers manage the relationship and make sure they continue using the company. Your account manager cover letter will need to show the specific skills needed for the role. The below sample cover letter for account manager roles is a good place to start.
- # Account Manager Cover Letter Template
- # Account Manager Cover Letter Sample
- # Tips for Writing Account Manager Cover Letter
- # How to Edit Account Manager Cover Letter Template
Free Account Manager Cover Letter Template
Account Manager Cover Letter Sample (Text)
I am getting in touch to put myself forward for your new account manager position, as I believe I am perfect for the role.
I have over five-years-experience in account manager roles, with my current role being at a large IT services provider working with a wide range of companies from small firms to multi-national conglomerates. I started in my first role as a trainee and quickly progressed into a full role and was eventually head-hunted by my current employer because of my success and high levels of client satisfaction.
I believe in a personal approach to account management and I can safely say my relationship with a large number of clients is now on a friendship and not simply a professional level. In my current employer, in the past three years I have secured ten new clients for the company and achieved a 100% retainment rate on the customers I acquired and those new signings.
Despite your company being in a completely different field working the different client requirements I believe that my skills and experience would be a perfect addition to your team. Looking into your company I am very impressed and inspired by your approach to customer service and your flexible working culture. The level of trust you give to your staff to do the job without over monitoring fills me with inspiration. I am excited to become part of this great culture.
I would love the opportunity to discuss this with you further to further highlight how I can apply my skills and experience to your company's success.
Thanks for your time,
Tips for Writing a Account Manager Cover Letter
Each account manager role will have slightly different requirements, but you can apply the same general roles to your account manager cover letter. The above sample account manager cover letter shows you the basic elements to include in your cover letter for account manager roles.
The below tips and advice will explain in more details the cover letter sample account manager to help you get the best start writing your own cover letter.
- Professionalism is expected as a key attribute of account managers, especially in presenting paperwork. Use a professional formal letter templated and a legible font. This is a simple must in getting the attention of the employer.
- The application will need to go to a specific content. Make sure you have addressed them directly with your account manager cover letter. Find out who they are and use that knowledge. Failing to do this could mean immediate rejection.
- Get going by briefly introducing why you are writing the cover letter. In this case the candidate is an experience account manager who is interested in the advertised new role.
- Continue by elaborating on your experience and skills. In this account manager cover letter, the candidate explains the length of working in the role, their career progression and how they were head-hunted by another company. This section should be used to summarize your career without giving the full story. This is just a teaser and you would like the employer to discuss matters with you further.
- Next give some specifics about how you are good for the role and some of your successes. In this case it is the acquisition of new clients and the 100% retention of all clients over a three-year period. This will explain the practical results that have come from your work. Again, don't go into too much detail at this stage as you want to leave things to be discussed later.
- You being great for the role is just one part of the puzzle. The company also has to be a good fit for you as well! Research the company and write about what you admire about them and their work culture. Explain how this is what you are looking for! This will show you are serious about the role and have taken time to properly find out about it.
- As you bring your cover letter for account manager roles to a close explain how you would like the opportunity to discuss the role in more detail. Show the employer that they need to take the time to contact you for the position.
- You're not quite finished! A cover letter full of mistakes will, more than likely, be rejected outright. Take the time to fully and properly proofread your letter before sending it off. It is also a good idea to get someone else to look over it to ensure anything you have missed it picked up and changed. This is a simple last step that could mean the difference between getting the job or not.
How to Edit Account Manager Cover Letter Template
PDF format can be easily opened on any devices, so if you want to attract the hiring manager's attention quickly, just send your account manager cover letter in PDF format. To create a PDF cover letter, you need a professional PDF editor, Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor. You can either create a new PDF cover letter with it, or edit the PDF cover letter template in this page with it.