Searching for an art director job? Apply using an art director cover letter and enhance your chances of getting the job. A cover letter art director application shows your intentions and seriousness and should be written always unless it's expressly indicated on the contrary. The following cover letter for art director sample and tips will help you draft all the critical details.
- # Art Director Cover Letter Template
- # Art Director Cover Letter Sample
- # Tips for Writing Art Director Cover Letter
- # How to Edit Art Director Cover Letter Template
Art Director Cover Letter Template
Art Director Cover Letter Sample (Text)
Maryland, MD 98272
April 11, 2018
Mr. Marple Gents
Downtown Neo Art Gallery,
32 Mainstreet Art View.
Maryland, MD 98272
Re: Art Director Position
Dear Mr. Gents,
I was highly pleased to find your advert for an Art Director posted on arthr.org. As an Art Director with solid experience in art direction in advertising I can't wait to meet and discuss your needs and the open position succinctly. With a Visual Communication degree and Masters in Art Direction, including 16-year experience in advertising I bring lots of tested creativity and extra professionalism to your popular agency.
In my most recent Art Director post at Ben and Ben communications I was the art director of the team awarded the quarterly Best Print Advert by Maryland Visual Arts Society. Across the board I am involved in consistent supervision of a huge team of graphic designers, photo artists and art technicians in the development of diverse ad campaign styles and numerous television and web commercials. Once the discussion with the client is over and the kind of style they have in mind is developed and perfectly suits their product, I come up with timelines for the work and budget while coordinating the activities of the creative department before presenting preliminary content for approval.
During my early days I worked for 3 years at Palace Publishing as assistant art director involved in setting up the page layout of magazines, publications and catalogues. I have over a decade of print television experience, including web visual design aspects.
Do get in touch at your earliest convenience to discuss your needs in detail. I am available on phone or email. Thank you for your kind consideration and time.
Tips for Writing an Art Director Cover Letter
- Express who you're: The art director cover letter is your vehicle to express yourself and let the recruiter know who you are. It helps you to add much needed value by briefly telling the story of your profession. A great letter entices and strikes the reader that they are compelled to read your resume and meet you in an interview.
- Language to use: It pays to effectively use the right language. To get it right, use the job description language to impress on the reader that you're what they're looking for. For instance if they want "art director with visual basics experience" use this phrase exactly in the cover letter to describe who you're. Use examples to give credence to this point.
- Thank the recruiter: Many forget that a recruiter goes through lots of cover letters and took their time to open yours, using their time to just do so. Show gratitude by thanking them for their time and consideration.
- Honesty all through: Avoid writing false information or stretching the truth too much just to make an impression. It might get you into an interview but deny you the job once the truth has come out. Information written in an art director cover letter must be factual.
- Proactive: Showing initiative and being proactive does pay. You can end the cover letter art director indicating your follow up intentions including the date. Also go ahead and research the company thoroughly and indicate some of the great news, developments and changes they may have had in the recent past to show your interest and initiative.
- Reread and revise: No one wants to read a cover letter for art director full of grammatical issues and misspellings with much needed details left out. Find another person to reread the cover left before you submit it and raise any grammatical problem or misspelling. You can also read it loud and correct any error yourself.
- Use art director cover letter sample: Use a cover letter sample to write a quality cover letter in the process writing all the required details and information, leaving none. It helps a lot, particularly because most people write it after the resume and in their mind believe they have added all details and don't need to be thorough.
How to Edit Art Director Cover Letter Template
Cover letter plays an important role for applying a job, so you are advised to send it as PDF format. After downloading the PDF template in this page, you need edit it with a professional PDF editor, Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor. It can help you make the template a unique cover letter to fit your resume.