Case managers (also known as social and human service assistants) are the frontline in helping vulnerable people who need advice and figure out what they need. This job requires a special type of person and your case manager cover letter is the best chance to show what you have got what it takes. The below example is a mental health case manager cover letter to help guide you to write the perfect, job-winning cover letter. Use the below cover letter for case manager roles to get started.
- # Case Manager Cover Letter Template
- # Case Manager Cover Letter Sample
- # Tips for Writing Case Manager Cover Letter
- # How to Edit Case Manager Cover Letter Template
Free Case Manager Cover Letter Template
Case Manager Cover Letter Sample (Text)
I saw your job opening for a new case manager position at your health center with great interest and believe I am perfect for the position.
I have been a mental health case manager at a top health organization in the Maryland region for the past 10 years, but I am relocating to your area soon and wish to bring my expertise and skills to your company.
In my position in Maryland I was responsible for in-house and home consultations with vulnerable people with a wide range of mental health issues including bipolar disorder, chronic depression, personality disorders and psychosis, and in each case, I have helped that person to confront their issues and created a support network that has helped them to function happily in society.
One patient after years of violent outbursts and suicidal thoughts has, with my support, over a five-year period been able to secure a full-time job and start a family. This is the kind of reward that I enjoy receiving for my work.
Having researched your health facility, I am impressed by your approach to mental health and the personal approach you take to supporting your patients. I have also been impressed by your research projects and innovations in the fields of patient care and diagnosis. Yours is the kind of environment where I believe my skills and experience can have a positive impact for patients.
I would love the opportunity to use my experience as a benefit for your center and look forward to discussing this with you further.
Tips for Writing a Case Manager Cover Letter
The above case manager cover letter sample is the perfect starting point to writing your own cover letter. The below tips and advice will help explain further what you need to do to make an impact with your prospective employer. The tips with unravel what exactly is included in the case manager sample cover letter.
- Professional communication is vital for a case manager, and you need to display this attribute with your cover letter. Use a readable font on a professional letter template. Make that first impression count.
- It is very important to address the letter to the direct contact. Recruiters spend just eight seconds reading a cover letter, and if it is not addressed to them they are likely to reject it.
- Start your case manager cover letter by explaining exactly why you are writing to them. Let the employer know that you are interested in the job and perfect for it.
- Next, briefly highlight your experience and successes to show why you should be considered for the position. This candidate explains the years of experience and where they worked, and also why they are now applying for this job. Don't give too much away, you want them to keep reading and read your resume before offering you the job.
- Go into more detail about your successes and experience using relevant specific examples. If you have statistics and supporting evidence use that when explaining your success. Again, don't provide too much information.
- Ensure you allude to having read the specifics of the job advert and how what you have said before fits in with that.
- Don't make the cover letter all about you, it is also about what the company can do for you and how you will fit in with them. Explain what you like about the work they do, what impresses you and how it interests you. This research will show that you are serious about the role and have heavily considered why you wanted to apply.
- Finish with a succinct call to action for the employer to get in touch with you. Give them one final reminder that you are perfect for the job and that they should definitely get in touch with you.
- Don't send the cover letter off just yet, make sure you proof-read it thoroughly. If your case manager cover letter is full of mistakes and typos you won't get the job. If possible, get someone else to read over it as well, they will pick up on mistakes you have missed.
How to Edit Case Manager Cover Letter Template
A formal and strong PDF cover letter will convince the hiring manager to get you a call for interview. You can download the PDF cover letter template in this article and edit it with Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor, a light and professional PDF editor. You can also design a new PDF cover letter with this tool.