A cover letter is your assistant for searching jobs. As such, it needs to deliver quality service. When you are sending a dental assistant cover letter, you should demonstrate your skills and experience, but most importantly, your passion for the health of your patients. Piece by piece, the cover letter for dental assistant should list your previous experience and how it matches the requirements set by the hiring manager. Let's take a look at a cover letter dental assistant sample you can use, and some professional tips how to make it stand out of the crowd.
- # Dental Assistant Cover Letter Template
- # Dental Assistant Cover Letter Sample
- # Tips for Writing Dental Assistant Cover Letter
- # How to Edit Dental Assistant Cover Letter Template
Free Dental Assistant Cover Letter Template
Dental Assistant Cover Letter Sample (Text)
[ Date ]
[ Company Address
Company City, State,
Hiring manager email]
Dear Mr., Mrs., or Ms. [ Hiring Manager’s Name] / Respected
Thank you for taking the time to check my application for the position of a dental assistant at [Clinic Name]. Please accept my enclosed application I am sending after I saw the job posted on [Website name, or any other source you saw the job]. I am happy to say that my previous experience of five (x number) of years as a dental assistant matches the needs and requirements by your clinic.
First, and most important, I possess a Dental Assistant Associate Degree earned from [College name] in 2013. I was also re-certified by the Dental Assisting National Board in 2016, so you can be sure you are hiring a Certified Dental Assistant. That being said, you can be sure you are hiring an experienced person who possess the skills, abilities, and knowledge to work in a Dental Clinic.
I started working as a dental assistant from the day I got my diploma, and have worked in clinics where I had to help more than 10 dentists, but also in a clinic where I was helping only one dentist. I can work in either environment, be it in a high-volume dental practice, or in a small clinic.
In your job description, you noted that you are looking for someone that will require very little, or basically minimal training and supervision. Throughout my five years working as a dental assistant, I’ve received top marks for my communication and patient-care skills, as well as providing assistance to dentists during complex extractions, implants, and all other sorts of dental treatment. With me, you are getting a friendly, yet person with reassuring demeanor and gentle touch during dental procedures.
Last, but not least, I can guarantee that I am completely familiar with all the routines associated with record keeping, performing dental work, handling schedules, and patient care. With that in mind, I would like to highlight bullet points from my resume that might entice you:
- Prepare 20 plus patients on a daily basis to undergo dental procedures, and assisting dentist while preparing materials for the procedure
- Monitor dental supplies and equipment inventory, making sure the clinic makes orders at time, achieving significant reduction in expenses by taking the time to discover new suppliers
- Achieve 100% accuracy in recoding patient medical and dental history
(XXX) Your Phone
Tips for Writing Dental Assistant Cover Letter
- Provide 100% accurate and truthful information, especially in the courses, certificates, and experience section
- Provide an explanation of your skills relate to the job you are applying for
- Show your passion and excitement about the job. It is hard to find a good health care worker, in any section. People need to be really passion about health of the patients to do the job
- Do not put too much focus on the educational background. Employers want to see you can be used from Day 1, and do not need to be micromanaged
- Do not use the phrase “My name is [name] and I am applying for the job] in the cover letter for a dental assistant. The hiring manager already knows your name from the email, and they know you are applying for the job thanks to the email subject line
It might be tempting to write a long cover letter focusing on all your experience and certificates. Instead, use bullet points to deliver short, quick, and to the point cover letter. Hiring managers avoid bloated cover letters
Working in a dental clinic is about the patients, and about the team you are working with. It is critical that you show yourself as a good culture fit within the environment. Do a research about the clinic on its website, social media, and review websites
Once you’ve written the cover letter for dental assistant position, review it, and make some edits. Make sure the tone reflects the company’s culture
Many companies nowadays use “applicant tracking system” to screen candidates. Include skill-oriented keywords into your cover letter to boost your chances
Send the cover letter as a PDF. Not every office and hiring manager can open *.docx files or *.pages file. However, PDF is an universal file type that can be opened on virtually everything, be it a smartphone, or a desktop computer
How to Edit Dental Assistant Cover Letter Template
PDF cover letter has become popular while the formatting will not be lost and PDF can be opened in most devices. After downloading the PDF templates on this page, you need a powerful PDF editor, Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor. , to customise it into your own. You can easily edit the text and images in PDFs. Let's see how.
- Create and edit your PDF cover letter the easy way
- Without losing the chance for HR manager to open your cover letter
- Complete PDF solution also for your daily office needs