To get a job as dental hygiene your dental hygiene cover letter needs to be as polished as the teeth you want to work with. Your dental hygienist cover letter needs to show your experience, qualifications and your way with patients. The below is a great start for your cover letter or any dental office cover letter.
- # Dental Hygiene Cover Letter Template
- # Dental Hygiene Cover Letter Sample
- # Tips for Writing Dental Hygiene Cover Letter
- # How to Edit Dental Hygiene Cover Letter Template
Free Dental Hygiene Cover Letter Template
Dental Hygiene Cover Letter Sample (Text)
Dear Dr. Manovitch,
I was very interested to read your announcement on the jobs board for a dental hygienist. I am enclosing my CV for your review.
I have worked as a Registered Dental Hygienist at Highview Dental Practice since graduating with an associate degree in dental hygiene three years ago. This practice is the top rated dental health service provider in the region and it has been a privilege to work with a wide range of patients.
I have earned outstanding ratings on my performance reviews and have been commended for my clinical skills and proficiency across all the machinery and tools for cleaning teeth.
I have been personally recommended by patients who have mention my calm, reassuring presence and this has made me the most sought-after hygienist for patients with phobias about attending the practice.
I have been very happy working with the highly-skilled and patient-centered team at Highview but I am seeking a new role as my family is relocating to your area within the next six weeks. Your practice comes with a very strong reputation and I would welcome working with you.
I would love the opportunity to use my experience as a benefit to your dental practice and look forward to discussing this with you further.
Thank you for your time.
Tips for Writing Dental Hygiene Cover Letter
Dental hygiene is a highly specialist role needing special experience and qualifications. Any dental cover letter needs to reflect this in you and show the employer you are capable of doing the job at hand. The above example can also be used as a starting point for dental assisting cover letters and your own dental assisting cover letter.
The below hints and tips will explain all you need to write a successful cover letter:
- Professionalism is at the heart of any medical job and this is no different. Display your professionalism by using a professional letter template and a formal, readable font. It is important to make a good first impression and this will help you achieve that.
- Give your dental hygienist cover letter a higher chance of being read by addressing it directly to the correct contact. If the letter is not addressed to them they will more than likely reject it immediately. Avoid general salutations like ‘Dear Sir/Madam' or ‘To Whom It May Concern'.
- Begin by succinctly explaining why you are sending your cover letter and who you are. This will more than likely be that you have seen a job advert and believe you are right for the job. That is why you are applying for it.
- Let the employer know why you are great for the position in an overview of your experience and qualifications. This candidate explains when and where they graduated from and how long they have been working in the field, and where. Keep it simple and direct but include enough to interest the employer to read further.
- Expand on this experience and success with specific examples, for example this candidate has explained the high praise in their performance reviews and the relationship with the patients who choose them over other dental hygienists. It is this kind of information that would impress dental employers.
- Each dental practice is slightly different and will have their own way of working. Show you have looked into that and how you can help them achieve their goal with specific examples of what you like about their work and work culture.
- Obviously, you want the employer to get in touch to discuss the role with you further. End your cover letter with a simple reminder that they should take time to contact you and that you are willing to discuss things further with them.
- Attention to detail is key to cover letter success. Before mailing your dental hygiene cover letter take extra effort to proof-read the letter in fine detail. Even one mistake could make an employer ignore your cover letter and chose another candidate for the job.
How to Edit Dental Hygiene Cover Letter Template
Don't know how to edit the dental hygiene cover letter templates you just downloaded? Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor will help you. It is a robust PDF editor, creator, converter and protector. You can edit any PDF cover letter templates with it easily.