Estheticians are professionals on the front-line of battling the effects of aging on people's skin. As highly trained health and wellness professionals it is a skilled role that has a direct affect on people's lives and self-confidence. Your esthetician cover letter will need to show your skills and experience but also your passion for the role. The below esthetician cover letter sample is the perfect starting point for writing your own cover letter for esthetician roles.
- # Esthetician Cover Letter Template
- # Esthetician Cover Letter Sample
- # Tips for Writing Esthetician Cover Letter
- # How to Edit Esthetician Cover Letter Template
Free Esthetician Cover Letter Template
Esthetician Cover Letter Sample (Text)
I saw your recent job posting for a new esthetician role at your spa with great interest and believe I would be perfect to take the role.
Over the last three years I have completed an approved program of Esthetics at the Southern College of Wellness, passed the state Esthetics License Examination and started a position at a local spa. In my role at the spa I am the sole esthetician working with a small, happy customer base. I am looking for a new challenge and a role that will allow me to progress in my career.
After starting at the spa just over a year ago they have seen a 40% increase in bookings and re-bookings for esthetics treatments and I have received nothing but positive customer feedback for my work. I believe my comforting nature and personal approach to clients makes them feel at easy and more confident even before the treatment. They leave me relaxed, comfortable and feeling like a million dollars.
My current employer has limited resources and equipment and is not interested in developing new treatments or moving with the latest research. I am always looking at new research and techniques to discover new ways of delivering the best results to clients and to be ahead of the curve in terms of new thinking.
I admire your spas approach to new techniques and your culture that encourages staff innovation in their field. I am also massively impressed by the pro bono work your spa does with medical clients to help aid their rehabilitation following accidents.
I understand that your spa works with a wider range of clients on a larger scale but 100% believe that I am up for the challenge and would be a perfect addition to your team. I am in the process of moving to your area because of a family move and gaining a position with you would fit into this life change well, whilst giving you a valuable new member of staff.
I would love the opportunity to discuss my experience and your role in more detail and I am available for a conversation at any time.
Thank you for your time,
Tips for Writing an Esthetician Cover Letter
As well as specific skills and training esthetician's also need to have a specific type of personality and your own cover letter for esthetician position needs to properly reflect your caring nature. The above cover letter esthetician sample is a brilliant starting point for writing your own successful esthetician resume cover letter
- Personality is as important as professionalism in an esthetician role. While your cover letter does need to be presented professionally, try to write using language that shows your personality.
- Everyone likes to be addressed directly! Make sure you have found out the name of the correct contact and addressed your letter to that person. Failing to do this is a good way to have your letter rejected before the employer has even read it.
- Write using the active voice (I worked in a spa) not a passive voice (the spa I worked in).
- Open your esthetician cover letter by briefly summarizing why you are writing the letter and what you aim to achieve by sending it. Essentially you want the job.
- Explain your experience so far to make the employer aware of how suitable for the job you are. This candidate explains their qualifications and the role they have been working in currently. They then explain they are looking for a new challenge, which is another hook for the employer. At this stage don't give away too much information. You would like the employer to get in touch for more information.
- Expand on your career successes with some specific examples. Here the candidate speaks of the increased booking rates and the overall customer satisfaction before expanding on their personal attributes and approaches that have achieved this. Again, don't provide the full story but just enough to peak the reader's interest.
- This candidate then explains why they are looking to move from their current position. This does not reflect badly on their current employer but shows their own ambitions to progress further.
- After some research explain what you like about their work and how you see yourself fitting into that.
- Finish your esthetician cover letter by leaving the employer with no doubt you are interested in the role and are very keen to discuss it with them further.
- You're not quite finished, there is one essential thing you need to do before sending off your cover letter. You need to proofread your letter in detail. If you send it with lots of mistakes and typos, you will not be getting a call back. If you can get someone else to read it over as well, in case you have missed anything important.
How to Edit Esthetician Cover Letter Template
With a beautiful PDF cover letter, you can actually capture the attention of the reader effectively. The good news is that you can free download our PDF cover letter template in this page and edit it with a professional PDF editor, Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor. You can make changes to all the contents, including texts, images, graphics, signatures etc. with this tool.