An I-129f form is the petition that you fill in to assist in your fiancé(e) or spouse's move to the United states. In the case of having an immigrant fiancé(e), you would fill out this form to bring them to the U.S. for the purpose of marriage, whereas, for your spouse, you'd be petitioning for their lawful permanent residence status. You can also use this form to petition for your fiancé(e) or spouse's children.
In this article, we'll cover how to write an I-129f cover letter effectively, and what should be included in the cover letter for I-129f forms.
- # I-129F Cover Letter Sample
- # I-129F Cover Letter Structure
- # Tips for Writing I-129F Cover Letter
- # How to Edit I-129F Cover Letter Template
I-129F Cover Letter Template
I-129F Cover Letter Sample (Text)
For our sample cover letter for I-129f petitions, we'll look at writing an I-129f cover letter for your fiancé(e).
Month Day, Year
USCIS filing address
Re: I-129f, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)
Petitioner: Your full name
Fiancé(e): Their full name
Dear USCIS Officer,
In this document packet please find the Form I-129f, Petition for K-1 Fiancé(e), (insert partner's name), and the following supporting documents:
- Evidence of my U.S. Citizenship
- Form FC-029
- Proof of having met (insert partner's full name) in the last 2 years
- Letters of our intent to marry
- The USCIS application fee for this petition: (insert amount in USD)
The documents submitted with Form I-129f are exact photocopies of official and unedited documents. I am willing to submit the original documents if required at a later date. Thank you for your time.
(Sign your name)
(Print your name)
If you're petitioning for your spouse, simply refer to them as a K-3 spouse, rather than a K-1 fiancé(e).
It's also important to name your spouse or fiancé(e)'s child(ren) on your cover letter where applicable. If it's your fiancé(e) you're writing for, their children are considered K-2, but children of your spouse are considered K-4. You will also need to provide documentation for the child(ren) involved.
Structure of an I-129F Cover Letter
Like most cover letters that you'd write for a USCIS petition form, the cover letter for I-129f forms barely differs. However, we have put together a quick guide on the structure of a I-129f cover letter for you, to make writing the cover letter a little easier. See below:
- Start by writing your current postal address at the top on the right-hand side of the letter.
- Date the letter on the right below your address.
- Note the mailing address of the USCIS service where you're filing the form on the left-hand side.
- Underneath the date, name the USCIS and note the petition form number. It should look like this on the left-hand side, underneath the date (remember to exclude the quotation marks):
- Add the subject line, noting the full title of the petition form, your name, your fiancé(e)'s name, and the names of any children involved:
"RE: I-129f, Petition for Alien Fiancé(e)
Petitioner: (insert your name)
Fiancé(e)/Spouse: (insert partner's name)
Child(ren) of Fiancé(e)/Spouse: (insert child(ren)'s name)"
- Start with a salutation.
- Very briefly explain why you're writing.
- Name the documents that included with the cover letter.
- Give a phone number for the USCIS to contact you on.
- Thank the department for their consideration.
- Sign-off with your full name, and sign.
Tips for Writing I-129F Cover Letter
- Always date all documents and cover letters.
- Use the full names of any persons named in the cover letter.
- Note all evidence attached to the cover letter.
- Make your writing style professional and ensure that your sentences are properly formed.
- Check your grammar and spelling before sending the letter.
- Make use of form checking services to reduce the risk of rejection.
- Check that you're using the correct terminology to refer to your partner.
- Mention your partner's child(when) where appropriate.
- Supply as much evidence as possible.
- Keep copies of the letters you send for yourself.
- Thank the USCIS Officer for their time.
- Sign the cover letter.
Remember that cover letters for USCIS petition forms are very basic. They do not require mass amounts of detail to function and can be a waste of USCIS officers' time when they are over-done. The information included in the letter simply needs to state the names of the people involved, while including a list of all documents that the covering letter is for.
The purpose of the letter is to introduce the document packet with all of the completed forms and evidence so that the USCIS officers know exactly what they're looking at and can deal with the petition in a quick and professional manner.
With these tips and the sample cover letter for I-129f, you should easily be able to finish your I-129f petition filing and be well on your way to helping your partner and their children immigrate to the United States.
How to Edit I-129F Cover Letter Template
PDF cover letter will help you land an interview successfully due to the popularity of PDF format. You can free download the PDF cover letter template in this post and edit it with a professional PDF editor, Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor. You can edit the text, images, form fields in the template with this simple tool. You can also create a new and unique PDF cover letter with it.