Becoming a physician is not a simple role to acquire, with years of academic and practical training before you can practice full time. Physicians are at the heart of the medical profession diagnosing illnesses and treating injuries for a wide range of patients. Unlike other jobs, you need the exact qualifications and your physician cover letter needs to display this clearly. The below physician cover letter sample is a great starting point to perfect your own cover letter physician writing.
- # Physician Cover Letter Template
- # Physician Cover Letter Sample
- # Tips for Writing Physician Cover Letter
- # How to Edit Physician Cover Letter Template
Physician Cover Letter Template
Free Physician Cover Letter Sample (Text)
Jacob Jacons M.D
Dear Dr. Kurtainn,
I am writing to you to apply for the general physician position at your hospital. I am fully qualified and experienced and believe I would be a valuable addition to your team.
I graduated with a First Class Honors Degree from the Midwestern Medical School and completed my residency at MidWest Hospital working primarily in the pediatric department. Since I started my professional career every appraisal and report on my work has come out with the highest marks and standards.
I apply my high level of practical knowledge and skill in delivering medical solutions in a very human way, taking time to understand each patient and their needs. Happy, comfortable patients respond better to the medical procedures and medicines we provide them. Several patients have kept in touch and are now ‘friends'. I was even invited to the high school graduation of a child cancer patient that I had helped bet the disease.
As an avid reader of medical journals and theory, I am always on top of new developments, drugs and procedures and have been known to introduce these into my work and the work of the hospital too much success. I have a strong belief in constantly learning and re-developing how we all work to deliver the best medical service for our patients.
Although, your inner-city hospital will present different challenges than my small, rural posting I believe I am perfectly placed to be a valuable member of your team. I admire your world-class facilities and medical staff and would love to join you there.
Despite enjoying my work at MidWestern, my family is relocating to your city and I am looking for a new role to apply my skills and knowledge. I would enjoy the opportunity to discuss this position with you further and I am available to be contacted at any time.
Thank you for your time,
Jacob Jacons M.D
Tips for Writing a Physician Cover Letter
Applying to be a physician is different from other roles. It is essential that you are in the small percentage of people that have achieved the correct qualifications and training. Your cover letter for physician roles needs to be able to show you are the right person immediately. There are many physician cover letter examples online but the above sample physician cover letter is a perfect start.
The below advice and tips will guide you through the physician cover letter sample and what you need to write in more detail:
- A lack of attention to detail in medical files can be a matter of life or death, so all paperwork needs to be professional and formal. Use a professional letter template and make sure the font is readable as well. This is a simple way to not get rejected from the outset.
- Directly address your physician cover letter to the member of staff who is doing the hiring. This personal touch will be appreciated and mean your letter is not immediately rejected. Take time to research who the correct person is and address the letter them.
- Open with why you are sending the letter to the employer and outline why you are great for the position. Allude to your experience and qualifications to make the employer want to read further.
- Your exact qualifications and experience are essential in becoming a physician, so now you need to quickly outline what you have achieved. This candidate briefly covers their academic career as well as their residency details. Don't give away too much context other than the specific stats of your achievements, you want the employer to get back to you and discuss things further.
- Open-up with specifics about your personal work and how your learning has helped your approaches to medical issues. A friendly, personal approach to working with patients has been a huge success for this candidate so they focus on this. They then expand on their learning by pointing out they keep on top of new medical procedures and developments to keep their knowledge up to date. This can be of benefit to the new employer.
- You also need to apply why what you have mentioned above is good for the new employer and how their working environment and culture will be good for you. Research how they work and directly apply your skills to how they achieve their goals. This will show the employer you have put the effort in and are serious about the role.
- Finish off your physician cover letter by reminding the employer that you are perfect for the role and would like to discuss it further. Leave them with no doubt they should speak to you.
- That's not quite it! Before you send off your cover letter take extra time to properly proofread your letter through to check for mistakes and typos. If you miss any of these and the employer sees them you are likely to be rejected outright.
- Personal communication is very important for the role. Make sure you find out who the direct contact for the job application is and address the letter directly to them. This personal touch will reduce the chances of you being rejected. Avoid general greetings.
- Begin by quickly telling the employer why you are writing to the employer and why you should be considered. Keep it short.
- Build on this with detail about your career and skills. You'll see this clearly in the above cover letter sample restaurant manager. This candidate explains how long they have been working at their current restaurant, how she progressed to her position and, also the formal qualification she has received. Don't go into too much detail at this stage. You would like the employer to contact you for more details.
- Now is the time to get specific! You have mentioned your successes already and now is the time to provide some specific details. This candidate explains the increase in customers and their satisfaction, as well as the increased reputation of the restaurant. She also briefly explains how this was achieved.
- At this point apply this success to who it will help the restaurant you are applying to. Employers are looking for how you will fit into their environment and culture. Show you have considered this by explaining what it is you like about their establishment and how you can fit in there.
- Add anything else you think is pertinent about how you work for the employer.
- Close by reminding the employer you are perfect for the job and would like to discuss it further with them. This candidate also explains their availability, which will show how serious they are about the position.
- Never send off a restaurant manager cover letter without thoroughly proof-reading it first. Employers spend just eight seconds initially reading a cover letter, and on finding mistakes they will reject your application outright. If possible also get someone else to read it over for you.
How to Edit Physician Cover Letter Template
To perfect your physician cover letter, you can download a proper template in this page and make it your own one. After downloading the PDF cover letter template, you can use Wondershare PDFelement - PDF Editor, the best PDF editor, to edit and customize the contents. You can make modifications to the title, body, contact information, signature easily.